Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Peeps

I will be doing a weekly feature on someone who is part of my own personal radiant health arsenal. I believe we are responsible for our own health and well being. This is how I take action personally and the different healing modalities I use to stay radiant. This week I would like to introduce Leslie Eimas a polarity therapist. I personally see Leslie every three weeks, I have found since going to Leslie I no longer get cold or flus and just feel overall harmony.  So I would like to introduce Leslie as a guest writer today.
                              

       When I first discovered Polarity Therapy I was a professional writer and editor. I was successful. I won awards. I earned a good salary. But I wasn’t happy. I was in constant pain and couldn’t wait to go home each day.



I tried for years to make my professional life work. I practiced and taught yoga. I went to massage therapists, chiropractors, physical therapists, acupuncturists, orthopedists, physiologists and neurologists. Some helped, but none made a lasting difference.
  Then, one day, I went to the Polarity Center of Syracuse. Actually, I took my son, but soon realized I was the one who needed to be on the table. At first, I was so depleted from pain and stress that I would leave a session and go home to bed. But, gradually, things got better. My pain decreased and my joy increased. Within six months I quit my job and began my new life.
         I enrolled in Polarity Therapy school and began an independent study of Ayurveda, the Indian science of life upon which Polarity is based. I went to massage school and became a Massage Therapist. I took courses in Craniosacral Therapy, Lymph Drainage Therapy and more.
         Now, I get to help other people transform their lives. In the beginning, the help is usually on a physical level – relieving symptoms such as insomnia, constipation, shoulder pain, anxiety, depression and so on. Over time, the changes occur on a deeper level as clients get in touch with who they are and what they want. And then the joy comes.
        
         So, how does it work? It’s simple. Polarity Therapy uses gentle bodywork, diet, exercise and lifestyle modifications to balance the energy in the body. When the energy is blocked due to stress, injury, trauma, poor diet, inactivity and so on, the body responds with pain, disease, emotional issues, weight problems, addictions, digestive problems and other challenges. When the flow of energy is restored, the body returns to its natural state of health and happiness.

For more information on Polarity Therapy and the Polarity Center of Syracuse, contact Leslie Eimas at 315.391.1679 or polarity@twcny.rr.com
To read Leslie’s blog on healing diabetes with raw food, go to  http://www.syracuserawfood.blogspot.com/
        
        

No comments:

Post a Comment